Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Let Them Eat Cake

Hey now I think I know why they killed that French lady for giving everyone cake, they wanted ice cream!

Sunday was my birthday party, it wasn't actually my birthday, and so OurDad kept calling it my pseudobirthday. Other than that OurDad behaved, he really loves me. He even helped everyone skate since most of my friends can't ice skate. I knew lots of them couldn't skate, but I wanted an ice skating party before I left Michigan for Missouri where there isn't any ice--especially with global warming! Anyway we had pizza and chocolate cake, and there was lot's left over. So that's all we've eaten for a couple days pizza and chocolate cake. Cake, Cake, Cake, Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! I'm sick of it. Yesterday we had pizza for breakfast and lunch and dinner. Today we said, "we weren't eating pizza for breakfast!" So OurDad said we could eat Cake. The BoyChild thought this was great, but I wanted ice cream.

"Dad, what's the difference? Cake and ice cream are really for dessert so if you can eat cake for breakfast why can't you eat ice cream for breakfast?" Usually this type of logic works on OurDad. He thought for a moment and said, "it's too cold. Ice cream is too cold, you just can't eat food that's that cold for breakfast."

"Fine," I said, "then I'll have hot chocolate!" And he actually made me hot chocolate. I was being sarcastic! It's only supposed to reach 92 degrees today. That's why I want ice cream for breakfast!

I'm going back to bed until after breakfast so I can have ice cream.

8 comments:

SourDad said...

I have drawn a line in the sand. There will be no ice cream until 10:30 am.

Of course that just sent the GirlChild back to bed, but at least it's quite enough to hear myself think! What to do... What to do...

Ali B. said...

I really want ice cream now... hmm... so much for my "cutting of the sweets" plan this week! Then again, I suppose I could still be in calorie deficit after burning around 5,000 Saturday at HCP?Speaking of HCP, it should be around for a long time if you ever get the urge to put your body and mind through that kind of suffering! :)

Unknown said...

Ice cream: It's not for breakfast anymore. Seriously, why could you eat cake for breakfast and not ice cream? Why not both? I say ice cream is an all-day thing.

SourDad said...

Hi Ali,

Glad to hear the HCP will be there when I need it, thanks to the MMBA among others.

SourDad said...

Double D great to have you!

I thought about letting them have both, but I also saw it as a rare opportunity to be assertive. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you find those kids a dentist fast when you get back to St.Louis. They're going to need it with that diet!

Aunt Mel

SourDad said...

Hi Mel,

You just wait a couple years, you'll see why they get to eat cake, sometimes...

Anonymous said...

HA. I know it's coming.

Aunt Mel